Saturday 20 October 2012

Witch Book First?

Merry Meet,

This will be my first of two blog posts that I write on here today. Later I'll be writing up my first entry for my "78 Days of Tarot".

As promised, I said that I would share with you the journey of my walking the pagan path. I have gotten my witchy hands on some super-tacular books about the craft but I have no idea "witch" one to read first.

I have the following to choose from; Bucklands Book of Saxon Witchcraft by of course, Raymond Buckland, Natural Witchcraft by Marian Green, Spell in your Pocket by Kate West (I have 2 more on the way by her; The Real Witches Craft being one of them!), Wicca by Scott Cunningham, Natural Witchery by Ellen Dugan....Ok that's enough of a choice...

So does anyone have any recommendations from that list? I'm slightly drawn to the Saxon Witchcraft book, but equally drawn to the Natural Witchcraft, so I don't know. (I'm very indecisive as you can probably tell) haha.

***

In other HedgeWitch @ Home news, I've been looking into the Gods and Goddesses and trying to figure out which ones I'm drawn to working with. I have been able to whittle the great big choice down to about 5 Goddesses, but I really am finding it difficult to feel drawn to any God energy. My friend and I agreed that it could be due to my personal circumstance right now where I am feeling unable to contend with male energy. So I'm not too worried, I believe that the right God energy will come to me when it's time. 

So, who are the Goddesses? 

Well, I feel really strongly drawn to Hecate right now, as I feel like I'm at a crossroads in my life, and also I like the aspect of her protective energy. I certainly feel like I need that energy around me right now, and her imagery is comforting to me right now, so I really feel, that right now, Hecate could be the Goddess for me. 

I have always felt drawn to Artemis and Diana too, perhaps the links with the moon energy draw me to that and I have been working a lot over the past week or so with Rainbow Moonstone. Perhaps Moon Magick and Artemis & Diana is an area for me to look more into. 

I do have a very tiny calling to Athena and Demeter, but I haven't really looked too much into those yet, as I have the overwhelming attraction to Hecate. 

Also, this weekend, I plan on putting together my Wiccan Altar, and when I do I'll take some pictures to show you all what I've come up with. 

So, that's it for now, please feel free to leave a comment and also "follow" this blog, I'd love to get to know you all more. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Keep a look out for the 2nd post for today which will be my "78 Days of Tarot" post. 

Blessed Be 
xx HedgeWitch @ Home xx


4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am Bella Foxglove, one of the Samhain Sirens, *points to the button over there* and have my own blog at Tales of the Wolf Queen. :D (http://bellafoxglove.blogspot.com)

    I LOVE your layout, and I really enjoy your writing style. I look forward to reading more from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella,

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and following (extends that thanks to everyone else who has joined!) I'm touched by your support.

    I will be flying over to see your blog! I simply love visiting blogs and commenting when blogger allows me to.

    Thank you for your lovely kind words,
    xx Hedgewitch @ Home xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello there, Pleased to meet you. I am Hecatean, love to get to know you... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Really glad that you stopped by :) Looking forward to getting to know you too :) x

      Delete